Broccoli And Eggs
|Broccoli||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Eggs||6 (Size 2)|
|Milk||75 Milliliter (5 Tablespoon)|
|Toast slices||4 , crusts removed (Hot)|
1. Trim the broccoli and cut it into neat, even-sized sprigs. Carefully peel off the tough outer skin from the stalks, peeling right up to the flower heads.
2. Place the broccoli sprigs in a shallow ovenproof dish and add 60 ml (4 tbsp) water. Cover the top with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent. Microwave the broccoli on HIGH for 4-5 minutes until the sprigs are just tender, rearranging them halfway through cooking.
3. Remove the cooked broccoli from the oven and keep it hot while cooking the eggs.
4. Put the butter into a medium ovenproof glass bowl and microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds until the butter melts. Add the eggs, milk, salt and pepper and lightly beat the ingredients together. Microwave them on HIGH for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds and drawing the edges to the middle, until the eggs are only just set and are quite moist. Leave them to stand for 1-2 minutes. The eggs for this dish need to be very soft and creamy - if they are overcooked and dry, the dish will be spoilt.
5. Place the slices of toast on to individual serving plates. Reheat the broccoli on HIGH for
6. Divide the scrambled eggs evenly among the toast, spooning it on neatly. Garnish the eggs with the hot sprigs of broccoli and serve immediately.