Pasta With Broccoli Cauliflower Pine Nuts And Raisins
|Canola oil/Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Spanish onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped/pressed|
|Cauliflower||1⁄2 , core removed, florets chopped|
|Broccoli||1⁄2 , stem discarded or saved for another use, florets chopped|
|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pasta||1 Pound (Medium-Sized, Such As Penne, Rigatoni / Conchiglie)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Toasted)|
|Raisins/Currants||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add oil. When the oil is hot, add onion and garlic and saute until onion is golden, about 5 minutes.
3. Add cauliflower and broccoli florets, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Add stock and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to medium and let simmer until the florets are almost tender€”about 5 minutes.
5. Add the pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente.
6. While the sauce is cooking, place toasted pine nuts, raisins or currants, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Set aside.
7. Add the sauce to the cooked and drained pasta and top with pine nut mixture.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3342 Calories from Fat 907
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g160.3%
Saturated Fat 26.6 g133.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117 mg39%
Sodium 2423.9 mg101%
Total Carbohydrates 470 g156.5%
Dietary Fiber 36.2 g144.6%
Sugars 96.7 g
Protein 135 g269.7%
Vitamin A 51.8% Vitamin C 491.5%
Calcium 165.8% Iron 105.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet