My friend Daryl of DarylCincy DW's Southern Cooking sent me some of his BBQ rub to try out. I smoked a brisket using his Original rub, awesome flavor. This is a really tasty BBQ rub.
4 1⁄2 Pound
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As needed)
1. Generously spread the BBQ rub all over the brisket, on both sides.
2. Wrap well in a butcher paper and place in a ziplock bag. Refrigerate overnight to marinate.
3. In a heated smoker (250 F - 270 F), place the brisket. Cover and let cook for a couple of hours.
4. After 2 hours, you may sprinkle some more of the rub over the top, if needed.
5. Place the brisket fat side down and let smoke for another 2 - 3 hours.
6. Once done, remove the brisket from the smoker, wrap in a butcher paper and place in a cooler and let rest for about 60 - 90 minutes.
7. Serve warm with a salad of your choice.