Brisket of beef -2 lb [1 kg]
Salt -1 teaspoon [1X5 ml spoon]
Water -1 1/2 pints [750 ml]
Carrots -2 lb [1 kg], diced
Onions -1 lb [500 g], chopped
Salt and pepper
1) In a pot, add beef in salted water and boil and skim.
2) Allow to simmer for 1 1/2 hours, then add the carrots, and cook for another 30 minutes.
3) Mix in the potatoes and onions.
4) Keep cooking till the meat is tender and vegetables turn soft.
5) Remove the meat and vegetables from the pan and place in a serving dish and keep warm.
6) Boil the liquid till almost evaporated.
7) Season to taste.
8) Add the sauce over the meat and vegetables and serve.