If you have been watching my channel for a while then you know that I am always looking to improve my brisket. For this cook I try method I've done in the past while trying out a new rub from Weber. I hope you enjoy.
5 Pound, trimmed
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. Liberally spread mustard all over the brisket.
2. Sprinkle rub all over the brisket.
3. Arrange coal on one side of the grill and a dripping pan with water on the other side.
4. Place the brisket, fat side up. Put a cherry wood over the coal.
5. Put the lid on and let the brisket cook at 250 F about for 2 1/2 hours.
6. Add some more charcoal, pump up the temperature to 350 F and let the brisket cook for about hour and a half.
7. Stick the probe in and check for the temperature in the fattest thickeness.
8. Check and keep adding charcoal and cook until the internal temperature reaches the desired level.