Crisp Sesame Breadsticks
|Whole wheat bread flour/Spelt flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Baking yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Brown sesame seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Grease the baking sheets and keep aside.
2) Mix flour, salt and yeast in a food processor.
3) While the processor is running, pour in olive oil and warm water and blend for about half-a-minute.
4) Add sesame seeds, followed by flour. Add enough to make the dough soft and sticky.
5) Transfer the dough into another bowl and coat it with olive oil.
6) Cover the bowl and leave it in a warm place for about one hour.
7) Once the dough doubles, punch it down and divide into 4 equal portions.
8) Divide each portion into 9 pieces and roll each piece like a cigar, about 6" long.
9) Place the rolled out breadsticks on the greased sheets (3" apart) and cover them with a clean towel.
10) Meanwhile, preheat the oven to about 400 degrees C.
11) When the sticks have risen after about 30 minutes, bake them for 20 minutes, till they are golden brown.
12) When done, take the breadsticks out of the oven and cool them on the racks.
13) Serve them with soup or dip.