Rosemary Bread Sticks
|2% low fat milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped fresh chives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped fresh rosemary/Dried rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Non-stick cooking spray||4|
1. Mix the flours together.
2. In a large basin combine first 6 ingredients and stir well.
3. Add flours, 1/2 cup at a time and bind to make a soft dough.
4. Turn dough out onto a flour dusted surface and knead until soft and pliable, adding more flour if required.
5. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
7. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
8. Once dough has rested, divide it into 12 equal portions.
9. Roll each into a long even stick and arrange on greased baking sheet.
10. Lightly spray them with cooking spray.
11. Bake sticks for about 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are golden.
12. Turn them over and bake until other side is browned.
13. Remove and rest 5 minutes before serving.
14. Serve bread sticks with soup, dip or main course.
Calories 197 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.7%
Saturated Fat 0.39 g2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1 mg0.3%
Sodium 570.8 mg23.8%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.2%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 7 g13%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C 4.3%
Calcium 22.6% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet