|Plain flour||8 Ounce (225 Gram, 2 Cups)|
|Easy blend dry yeast||1 1⁄2 Milliliter (1/2 Tablespoon)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter, 2/3 Cup)|
|Sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil||6 , drained, chopped|
|Skimmed milk||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Poppy seeds||2 Teaspoon|
1. Place the flour, salt and yeast in a food processor. Add the honey and olive oil and, with the machine running, gradually pour in the water (you may not need it all as flours vary). Stop adding water as soon as the dough starts to cling together. Process for 1 minute more.
2. Turn out the dough on to a floured board and knead for 3-4 minutes until springy and smooth.
3. Knead in the chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Form into a bail and place in a lightly oiled bowl. Leave to rise for 5 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F/ Gas 2. Divide the dough into sixteen pieces and roll each piece into a 28 x 1 cm / 11 x 1/2 in long stick. Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet and leave to rise in a warm place for 15 minutes.
5. Brush the sticks with milk and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake for 30 minutes. Leave to cool on a wire cooling rack.
Calories 264 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.2%
Saturated Fat 0.51 g2.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.07 mg0.02%
Sodium 254.5 mg10.6%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.8%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 0.12%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet