Caraway Bread Sticks
|Warm water||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter / 2/3 Cup)|
|Dried yeast||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Plain flour||8 Ounce (225 Gram / 2 Cups)|
|Caraway seeds||10 Milliliter (2 Teaspoon)|
1. Grease two baking sheets. Put the warm water in a jug. Sprinkle the yeast on top. Add the sugar, mix well and leave lor 10 minutes.
2. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl, stir in the caraway seeds and make a well in the centre. Add the yeast mixture and gradually incorporate the flour to make a soft dough, adding a little water if necessary.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C/425°F/Gas 7. Turn the dough on to a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes until smooth. Divide the mixture into 20 pieces and roll each into a 30 cm / 12 in stick.
4. Arrange the sticks on the baking sheets, leaving room to allow for rising.
5. Bake the bread sticks for about 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Cool on the baking sheets.