Tomato Bread Sticks
|Plain flour||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Dried yeast||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Easy Blend Type)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Sun dried tomatoes in olive oil||6 , drained and chopped|
|Skimmed milk||1 Tablespoon|
|Poppy seeds||2 Teaspoon|
1. Place the flour, salt and yeast in a food processor. Add the honey and olive oil and, with the machine running, gradually pour in the water (you may not need it all as flours vary). Stop adding water as soon as the dough starts to cling together. Process for 1 minute more.
2. Turn out the dough on to a floured board and knead for 3-4 minutes until springy and smooth.
3. Knead in the chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Form into a ball and place in a lightly oiled bowl. Leave to rise for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 300°F/ 150°C/Gas 2. Divide the dough into 16 pieces and roll each piece into an 11 X 1/2 in (28 X 1 cm) long stick. Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet and leave to rise in a warm place for 15 minutes.
5. Brush the sticks with milk and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake for 30 minutes. Leave to cool on a wire rack.