Low-Fat Sandwich Spread
|Dry mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||4 Teaspoon|
|White vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
1. Mix cornstarch and dry mustard in the top of a double boiler.
2. Slowly add water and egg whites that have been lightly beaten together. Stir constantly.
3. Cook over simmering water for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Slowly stir in lemon juice and vinegar. Cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Remove from heat. Add sugar and blend well.
6. Cool and store in refrigerator.