This is a very precious recipe handed down by my mom. Its bread and butter pudding.
6 Cubic Centimeter, cutting (buttered and cut into 1 inch cubes)
2 Fluid Ounce
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Yeats organic country milk
Yeats organic country cream
Tia maria/Sherry or some fresh orange juice
1. Soak the sultanas in tia maria or fresh orange juice.
2. Take a bowl, mix yeats organic milk and cream together.
3. Whisk together the eggs, sugar, cinnamon and ginger powder.
4. Add the soaked sultanas and mix well.
5. Grease an oven proof dish with melted butter and place the buttered bread cubes in the dish.
6. Pour the milk cream mixture over the bread cubes until it covers the bread evenly.
7. Spoon out the sultanas and place them evenly over the bread cubes.
8. Let the dish soak for 15 minutes.
9. Bake in a preheated moderate hot (375 degree F) oven for about 25 minutes or until nicely browned, where the bread cubes are risen almost like a souffle.
10. Scoop out the bread and butter pudding onto a dessert plate and pour some custard over the pudding before serving.
11. Accompany with fresh fruit salad if you like.
You can use half milk and half cream or whole cream for the liquid. For dieters whole milk is permissable.
You can soak the sultanans in orange juice if serving the dish to children.
Wondering what to do with the leftover bits of bread that you picked from the store 3 days back? Imple, just make it into a lip-smacking bread pudding. A real comfort treat, this recipe video shows how to prepare this yummy dessert at home. Ideal for lunchbox, afternoon treats or dinnertime desserts.