Homemade White Bread Loaf
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven for 400 degrees F.
2. In a saucepan on medium high, add milk, sugar, salt and butter. Stirring continuously melt the butter and sugar for a few minutes. Once done, remove and let the mixture cool.
3. In a bowl, add warm water and instant dry yeast. Mix well and let this sit aside.
4. In an electric mixing bowl, add the water-yeast mixture with the sugar-butter mixture. Stir in the flour and using a dough hook, knead the flour for about 5 minutes or until a smooth dough is formed. Once done, transfer it onto a floured board and knead the dough by hand for about 2 minutes until soft and firm into a ball.
5. Take a large bowl brushed with butter and place the dough, cover it with tea towel and set it aside in a warm place for 60 minutes or until the dough rises double in size.
6. Remove the bowl and knead the dough again. Cut into half and roll it out using a rolling pin into rectangular shapes and roll it again into ball and seal the edges.
7. Take 2 greased 9 x 5 loaf pans and place these dough rolls into them. Cover the loaf pans with cloth and let them rise again for 60 minutes in a warm place.
8. After 60 minutes, bake the loaf pans in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Once done, remove and the loaves cool before serving.
9. Serve these bread slices with tea or coffee.
Calories 210 Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.7%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.8 mg2.3%
Sodium 248.1 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.2%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 6 g11.3%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet