Sugared Toast With Cream And Pistachio
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange blossom water||2 Tablespoon|
|Toasted bread slices||8 , toasted very brown and crunchy (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Fresh cream/Two cans of nestle full whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1. Pour one cup of sugar in a pot, cook on high heat until the sugar starts to become in a liquid state and brown in color, this process makes the sugar "caramelized", which is caramel in color.
2. Move the pot around on the high heat, keep watching it you do not want it to burn.
3. When all the sugar becomes caramel color, add the second cup of sugar, stir to mix and add two cups of hot water.
4. At this point, be careful when pouring the water on top on the sugar, some hot bubbles may form and hit you in the face, so keep your face away from the pot and wear protective gloves in your hands.
5. Add two tablespoons of lemon juice to prevent the mix from crystallizing and mix.
6. Simmer on medium to low heat until the mix becomes well incorporated.
7. Add two tablespoons of Orange blossom water.
8. In the meantime, toast your bread in the oven or in the toaster until crunchy and brown.
9. You may cut the edges of the toast before you toast it or just leave it. With trial and error, I found out that cutting the crust out makes the dish better.
10. Lay out toasted bread in a pan.
11. Pour the caramelized sugar and water mix all over the toasted bread
12. The toasted bread will absorb the sugar mix and make it soft and mushy.
13. Let cool before spreading the fresh cream.
14. Spread the fresh cream on top of the bread and sugar syrup mix evenly to cover the top.
15. Sprinkle the sliced or ground pistachios on top of the cream to cover the whole top of the mix.
16. Refrigerate before serving.
17. Serve cold. It can be kept in the fridge for a couple of days.
Calories 512 Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.3%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.7 mg0.9%
Sodium 274.6 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 117 g39.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 84.3 g
Protein 6 g11.4%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 3.9%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet