How to Make No-Knead Bread in Less than Two Hours
|Plain flour||400 Gram|
|Warm water||300 Milliliter|
|Dried yeast||8 Gram|
1. Prepare a greased and flour dusted loaf tin.
2. In a bowl combine the yeast and 50 ml of water, stir and allow the yeast to activate and froth for 15 minutes.
3. In a mixing bowl combine flour, sugar and salt, make a well in the center and pour the active yeast and the remaining water.
4. Mix until all ingredients are well combined, cover with a kitchen cloth and leave it in a warm place to proof for 60 minutes or until double in size.
5. After 1 hour transfer the dough on a floured worktop and fold over few times.
6. Form the dough into the shape of the loaf tin and press it down into the bottom of the tin.
7. Using a knife make deep cuts on top of the dough, and sprinkle some flour.
8. Once done cover the dough and again keep it in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
9. Preheat the oven to 230 degrees C towards the end of 30 minutes rising time of the dough.
10. After 30 minutes the dough should rise up to the edge of the tin, bake the bread in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
11. Once done remove from the tin and allow the bread to cool on a cooling rack.
12. Serve at breakfast or your meal.
Calories 258 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.6%
Saturated Fat 0.27 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 326.2 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 4 g9%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 0.9% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet