|For the wet ingredients|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (or 1 stick)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), granulated|
|Vanilla extract||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Teaspoon, bottled|
|For the dry ingredients|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cream of tarter||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Strawberry jam||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 8 x 4 loaf pan and keep aside.
3. In an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat the egg yolks one at a time.
5. Add the vanilla essence and lemon juice. Beat well.
6. In another bowl, combine the all purpose flour with the cream of tarter, baking soda and mix well for the flour mixture.
7. In another bowl, add the sour cream, strawberry jam and stir well.
8. Beat the flour mixture and the sour cream into the electric mixer in the 1/3 cup measurements equally, until all the ingredients have been well incorporated.
9. Take the greased loaf pan and scoop this batter into it and smooth out the surface with a spatula. Bake these pans in the preheated oven at 350 for about an hour or until the tester comes out clean in the center.
10. Once done, remove the pan from the oven and let it cool for 20 minutes. Remove the loaves from the pan and
let it cool completely on the rack.
11. Slice the strawberry loaf into desired pieces and serve with tea or coffee for breakfast.
Calories 211 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.7%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.9 mg19.3%
Sodium 45.5 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.42 g1.7%
Sugars 16.8 g
Protein 3 g5.7%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet