Peanut oil/Canola oil / vegetable oil / any oil other than olive oil
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
3. Add wheat germ in it, and mix to evenly distribute.
4. Sprinkle salt, mix and set it aside.
5. In a separate bowl, crack egg and whisk until fluffy.
6. Put banana into the bowl with egg, and mash until nice and smooth. Scrape off sides.
7. Pour vanilla extract, tea, and peanut oil. Mix well.
8. Drop raspberry preserve and honey. Beat to incorporate.
9. Gradually pour egg mixture into the large bowl with flour. Fold and mix evenly after every addition.
10. Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray, and pour batter in it.
11. Pop it in oven, and bake for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick when inserted comes out clean.
12. Remove from oven, and let it sit in pan for 10 minutes.
13. Gently take it out of pan, and allow it to cool completely on wire rack.
14. Cut into slices and serve it with melted butter, and fresh fruit salad.
You can also beat egg yolk and whites separately. Whisk egg white until fluffy. Fold it gently into the batter at the end.
You may also use apple juice or anything you like instead of tea or water.
Canola oil, vegetable oil, or any oil can be used. Avoid olive oil.
You can use plum jam, apricot jam etc instead of raspberry preserves.