Vegan Banana Coffee Bread
|Ground flaxseed||2 Tablespoon|
|Bananas||4 Large, mashed|
|Olive oil/1/2 cup yogurt / 1/2 cup apple sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray the bottom of a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Whisk or blend the flax water and coffee until frothy.
4. Mix the mashed bananas, olive oil (yogurt/apple sauce), flax and molasses.
5. Mix the dry ingredients - flour, sugar, spices, salt, and baking soda.
6. Combine wet and dry and mix until well blended. Add walnuts
7. Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan.
8. Bake for 55-60 minutes. After 50 minutes check with knife or toothpick by sticking it in the bread. If it comes out clean; its done. If it has some batter on it, cook a little longer. If it still needs to cook longer but is already quite browned, place foil over the top to stop it from browning.
9. Remove and let cool for at least 15 minutes.
10. Slice and serve with coffee or tea. You can spread it with peanut butter or jam if you like.
You can add vegan chocolate chips, carob chips or peanut butter to the bread batter if you like.
Calories 392 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.3%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.34 mg0.11%
Sodium 432.8 mg18%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.5%
Sugars 26.7 g
Protein 7 g14.7%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 15.3%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet