|White bread loaf||1 , sliced|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Large, chopped|
|Celery stalk||2 , chopped|
|Wine||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (1- 1 1/2)|
|Poultry seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Fuji apple||1 , chopped (any crisp apple)|
|Craisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), finely chopped|
1. Let bread slices air dry for at least 6 hours, then cut into cubes. Place in a large mixing bowl.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
3. In a small saucepan add the olive oil, onions and celery. Pour wine and let them sweat for a couple minutes.
4. Then add the butter and let it melt down.
5. Once the butter is melted add the mixture to the mixing bowl with the bread.
6. Add pepper, salt, poultry seasoning, sage, craisins, and chopped apple.
7. Slowly pour in the chicken stock and mix well. You want all the bread pieces to get moist.
8. Into a greased casserole, transfer the mixture and cover with a lid. Bake uncovered if you want crusty top.
9. Pop in the oven and bake for 35 minutes and then keep warm until ready to serve.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 128 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.7%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.3 mg2.4%
Sodium 445 mg18.5%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.8%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 2 g3.2%
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 5.5%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet