If you are in need of a great stuffing recipe look no further!! My best friends family has had this recipe for many years and they have given it to me to share! I of course had to add a couple of my touches to it ! I hope you try out this wonderful stuffing recipe. Enjoy!
White bread loaf
1 , sliced
1⁄2 Large, chopped
2 , chopped
1 Tablespoon (Optional)
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (1- 1 1/2)
1 Can (10 oz)
1 , chopped (any crisp apple)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), finely chopped
1. Let bread slices air dry for at least 6 hours, then cut into cubes. Place in a large mixing bowl.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
3. In a small saucepan add the olive oil, onions and celery. Pour wine and let them sweat for a couple minutes.
4. Then add the butter and let it melt down.
5. Once the butter is melted add the mixture to the mixing bowl with the bread.
6. Add pepper, salt, poultry seasoning, sage, craisins, and chopped apple.
7. Slowly pour in the chicken stock and mix well. You want all the bread pieces to get moist.
8. Into a greased casserole, transfer the mixture and cover with a lid. Bake uncovered if you want crusty top.
9. Pop in the oven and bake for 35 minutes and then keep warm until ready to serve.