Garlic and Cumin Bread
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Dry rapid rise yeast||1|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin seed||2 Teaspoon|
|Bread flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black caraway seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , mixed with 1 tablespoon water|
1. In the microwave, place unpeeled garlic cloves. Cook on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or alternatively place separated cloves in a pan of boiling water. Cook for 18 to 20 minutes or until garlic turns soft.
2. Cool it under running water and peel it.
3. Chop it finely in the food processor or by hand.
4. In a bowl, take garlic. Add yeast, salt, sugar, cumin seed, and 2 cups of the bread flour. Mix well.
5. Meanwhile, heat butter and milk together in a microwave at 125°F.
6. Add it to the flour mixture and knead it to soft dough, adding flour as needed. Kneading will take about a minute in the food processor or 8 to 10 minutes by hand.
7. Form it into a ball.
8. In a greased bowl, take dough. Turn it to coat, cover with plastic wrap. Let it rise in a warm place until it doubles in bulk for around an hour.
9. Punch down. Shape it into a round and place it on a greased baking sheet.
10. Make a design by cutting the dough on top with a knife.
11. Keep it aside and allow it to rise again until it doubles in volume. Do not cover.
12. Preheat oven to 375°F.
13. Apply egg mixture to the dough and sprinkle with caraway seeds.
14. Bake it on the middle rack of oven for approximately 30 minutes or until done.
15. Let it cool on the rack. Freeze it so that it doubles well.
16. Serve Garlic And Cumin Bread with tea or coffee.