Whole Wheat Bread
|Rapid rise yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Packages)|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour/Bread flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs), heated to temperature of 140 degrees|
1) Mix together the salt, yeast, sugar, oil, honey and 2 ½ cups of the bread or all-purpose flour along with 2 cups of the whole wheat flour.
2) To the flour mixture, add the hot water.
3) Knead the mixture to a soft dough. As required, add more dough.
4) Shape the dough into a ball.
5) In an oiled bowl, turn the dough ball and cover it with plastic wrap. Alternatively, place the ball in an oiled bag. Leave in a warm place for about 1 hour, till the dough has doubled in volume.
6) Punch the risen dough down.
7) Shape the dough into 2 rounds or long loaves. Place them on a greased baking sheet.
8) With the help of a sharp knife, slash the tops in an attractive, decorative design.
9) Let the dough rise again till it has doubled in volume.
10) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
11) Bake the now risen dough in the middle rack of the preheated oven for about 35 to 40 minute, till done.
12) Let the breads cool on a wire rack.
13) Serve the bread as and when preferred. Makes a good side dish. To store, put in an airtight container and place in a cool, dry place or the fridge.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3425 Calories from Fat 505
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g89%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5853.3 mg243.9%
Total Carbohydrates 650 g216.6%
Dietary Fiber 71 g283.9%
Sugars 54.8 g
Protein 105 g209.3%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 0.45%
Calcium 22.8% Iron 200%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet