1. Peel all the garlic cloves and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 C / 356 F.
3. In a pot, place all the peeled cloves of garlic in cold water. Bring to a boil. Then, strain.
4. Repeat this 2 more times.
5. Place the garlic clove sin a baking dish, drizzle some olive oil followed by sprinkles of flaked salt. Toss to mix well.
6. Place in the preheated oven and roast for about 12 minutes or until soft.
7. Once done, take them out and mash them using a potato masher.
8. To the mashed garlic add butter, herb rub and mix well.
9. Slice ciabatta bread and smear the prepared garlic spread on the bread slices.
10. It can either be grilled, broiled until toasted, or baked in an oven, as shown in the video.