Fresh Yeast White Bread
|White bread flour||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Fresh yeast||1 Ounce|
|Fat||2 Ounce (butter, lard or margarine)|
|Warm water||1 1⁄2 Pint|
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F, 230°C, Gas Mark 8
2. Prepare a large bowl by warming it and then pour in the flour. Prepare a well in the centre of the flour and then sprinkle salt around the edge.
3. In a warm bowl, tip in the water and add the yeast with a little sugar and mix well.
4. Add the rest of the water and warm fat and mix well form dough with a putty like consistency. Set aside to prove as the dough will double in size. Divide the dough into loaf tins and leave to prove again until bread reaches top of tins. Bake for 45 minutes, turning bread once in the oven. Set aside to cool on a rack and leave overnight.
5. Serve warm or pack in polythene bags or in heavy duty foil for freezing.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4634 Calories from Fat 672
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.9%
Saturated Fat 19.7 g98.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.2 mg16.1%
Sodium 5561.2 mg231.7%
Total Carbohydrates 828 g275.9%
Dietary Fiber 29.5 g118%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 138 g276.4%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 0.05%
Calcium 20% Iron 62.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet