Microwave Cooked Cranberry Pineapple Bread
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), quartered (fresh or frozen, defrosted)|
|Canned pineapple||8 Ounce, crushed (1 can)|
|Confectioners' sugar||2 Tablespoon (optional)|
|Coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded (optional)|
1) Arrange the ingredients and place in large mixing bowl.
2) Take a 9x5-in loaf dish and line it on bottom with wax paper,
2) Blend at low speed until all ingredients are moistened.
3) With blender, beat at medium speed 2 minutes.
4) Sread the mixture in the prepared loaf tin.
5) Shield ends of loaf dish with 2-in wide strips of foil, covering 1 inch of batter and molding remainder around handles of loaf dish.
6) Center loaf dish on inverted saucer in oven.
7) Microwave at 50% (Medium) 9 minutes, rotating 1/4 turn every 1 to 2 minutes.
8) Increase power to High; microwave 2 to 4 minutes.
9) Remove foil after 2 minutes, and rotate every 1 to 2 minutes.
10) Dust cooled loaf with confectioners' sugar or sprinkle with coconut during last cooking stage, if desired.
11) Serve the bread in breakfast or as snack.