|Butter||10 Tablespoon, softened|
|Unsifted flour||3 Cup (48 tbs) (plus 2 tablespoons)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Double acting baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Pureed pumpkin||2 Cup (32 tbs) (freshly cooked or canned)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (finely chopped)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Take two 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pans and spread 2 tablespoons of the softened butter over the bottom and sides with a pastry brush.
3. Into each pan sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the flour and tip it from side to side to spread the flour evenly.
4. Invert the pans and rap the bottoms sharply to remove the excess flour.
5. Sift together combining the remaining 3 cups of flour, the baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and salt onto a plate or a sheet of wax paper and set aside.
6. In a deep mixing bowl, cream the remaining 8 tablespoons of softened butter and the sugar together by beating and mashing them against the sides of the bowl with the back of a spoon until the mixture is light and fluffy.
7. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, stir in the pumpkin, add about 1 cup of the flour mixture and when it is completely incorporated, beat in 2 or 3 tablespoons of the water.
8. Repeat two more times, alternating 1 cup of flour with 2 or 3 tablespoons of water beating well after each addition and stir in the walnuts and raisins.
9. Into the two loaf pans ladle the batter, spreading it evenly and smoothing the tops with a rubber spatula.
10. Bake in the middle of the oven for 50 to 60 minutes until the loaves shrink away from the sides of the pans and a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean.
11. Turn the loaves of pumpkin bread out on wire cake racks and cool to room temperature.
12. Serve as snack, with beverages or with garnish as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5411 Calories from Fat 1606
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 184 g283.5%
Saturated Fat 88.6 g443.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1168.5 mg389.5%
Sodium 5235.4 mg218.1%
Total Carbohydrates 910 g303.3%
Dietary Fiber 72.8 g291.4%
Sugars 573.8 g
Protein 96 g192.3%
Vitamin A 1621.6% Vitamin C 45.9%
Calcium 76.9% Iron 166.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet