|Warm milk||1⁄4 Pint|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh yeast||1 Ounce, dissolved in a little warm water|
|White bread flour||12 Ounce|
|Egg yolk||1 , beaten with a little milk|
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F, 220°C, Gas Mark 7
2. Tip the butter in to a warmed bowl and then pour the warm milk on top of the butter and then salt and sugar to the bowl. Cool this to lukewarm, then add yeast to the bowl and mix well. Gradually add flour to the bowl to produce soft dough. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside to prove for 2 hours.
3. When required, remove the dough and punch down, knead dough, set aside to chill in the refrigerator to chill thoroughly, and roll into a rectangle.
4. Spread butter over the dough rectangle. Fold over dough over the butter and roll out again. Set aside to chill and then roll and fold twice after chilling every 30 minutes.
5. When required, roll out the dough out to 1/4 in. thickness and cut into 4 in. squares. Cut each square into 2 equal triangles, and roll each triangle up, starting at longest edge and rolling towards the point. Turn the points toward each other and then place on a floured
6. Bend into crescent shapes, put on floured baking sheet, brush with beaten egg and milk, and bake for 15 minutes.
8. Serve warm with butter and jam or pack into polyethylene containers till required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2481 Calories from Fat 1133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 129 g198.5%
Saturated Fat 77.4 g386.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 501.9 mg167.3%
Sodium 2024 mg84.3%
Total Carbohydrates 281 g93.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g41.8%
Sugars 30 g
Protein 51 g101.2%
Vitamin A 77.8% Vitamin C 0.05%
Calcium 24.7% Iron 24.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet