Cheddar Cheese Bread
|Dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Packages, 1/4 Ounce Each)|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (105� - 115� F)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), scalded|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|All-purpose flour||7 Cup (112 tbs), divided|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||8 Ounce (2 Cups)|
1) Grease 2 loaf pans of 9- x 5-x 3-inch dimensions.
2) Preheat oven to 375° F.
3) Take a large mixing bowl and combine together warm water and yeast in it. Let stand for about 10 minutes.
4) Stir in sugar, milk, shortening and salt. Stir until shortening melts completely. Cool the mixture to a temperature of 105° - 115° F.
5) Add egg, milk mixture and 2 cups flour to the mixture. Stir until smooth mixture is formed.
6) Add cheese and also, gradually stir in enough of the remaining flour to form soft dough.
7) Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Cover and let rest for about 10-15 minutes,
8) Knead the dough for 8-10 minutes or until elastic and smooth.
9) Place dough in a nicely greased bowl and turn the greased side up.
10) Cover and let rise in a warm place (about 85° F), free from drafts, for about 1 hour or until it turns double in bulk.
11) Punch the dough and place on a lightly floured surface.
12) Divide and shape the dough into 2 loaves of even size and place in the 2 greased loaf pans.
13) Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes or until it turns double in bulk.
14) Bake for about 30 minutes.
15) Remove loaves from pans and cool on wire racks.
16) Slice and serve the delicious Cheddar Cheese Rolls alongside your favorite curry and enjoy!
Calories 298 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.2%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 27.3 mg9.1%
Sodium 471.9 mg19.7%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 10 g20.8%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 15.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet