Hors D'Oeuvre Bread
|All-purpose flour||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
1) Take a large bowl and mix 2 cups of the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast.
2) In a saucepan, heat water, milk, and margarine until very warm.
3) Mix the two mixtures with an electric mixer scraping the bowl occasionally. Add 3/4 cup flour.
4) Add more flour to make soft dough. On a floured surface knead the dough until smooth and elastic.
5) Put the dough in a greased bowl and cover it to rise to double for about one hour.
6) Punch it down and knead lightly on floured board. And cover again for 15 minutes.
7) Divide the dough into 60 equal pieces and form small balls of each.
8) Take a 1 1/2-pint greased bowl and put it on wire cooling rack covered with greased aluminum foil. Place the balls in the bowl until bowl if filled. Cover it and allow rising for an hour.
9) In a bowl, mix egg and water and apply it on the balls. Bake them at 350 degrees until golden brown. Let them cool on the rack.
10) Serve Hors D'Oeuvre Bread with spear meat and cheese chunks on toothpicks pressed in each roll.