Pepper Aniseed Cracker Bread
|Spelt flour/Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Coarse black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Barley malt syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Safflower oil/Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees C.
2) Grease baking sheet and keep aside.
3) Use a food processor to blend flour, aniseed, pepper and salt.
4) Add barley malt, water and oil to the flour mixture, while the processor is running.
5) Once the dough reaches a smooth consistency, COVER the bowl with a plastic wrap.
6) Set the dough aside and allow it to rest for about 15 minutes and then divide it into 10 pieces.
7) Roll out each piece with a rolling pin (while the others are kept covered with a clean cloth to ensure they do not dry) into 8-inch wide circles, resembling a pizza crust. (roll out all pieces in this manner)
8) Place the circles on the greased baking sheet and bake till they turn light golden brown. (all the 10 cracker breads are baked in this manner).
9) Remove these cracker breads and cool them on a rack.
10) Serve them with dips, as an accompaniment to terrine, pate, cheese or use as a base for canepes.