Country Egg Bread
|Scalded skim milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Bite size crispy wheat squares||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Instant potato flakes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Non fat dry milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Packages, 1/4 Ounce Each)|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (110 To 115�F)|
|Eggs||4 , lightly beaten (At Room Temperature)|
|All-purpose flour||7 1⁄2 Cup (120 tbs)|
|Egg white||1 , beaten with 1 tablespoon water|
1) Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, add scalded milk along with margarine, honey, salt, cereal, potato flakes, and dry milk. Mix everything together.
3) Dissolve yeast in warm water and mix it to cereal mixture.
4) Add eggs and then slowly add flour to form stiff dough.
5) On a floured surface, knead the dough is smooth and elastic.
6) In a greased bowl, put the dough and cover it, allowing to rise until doubled for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
7) Punch it down and let it rise for 30 more minutes.
8) Then, divide it into 3 equal pieces. Knead each piece and shape into loaves.
9) Take 3 sprayed 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf pans and put the dough into it. Apply egg white on surface.
10) Apply a coat of egg white mixture and cover again to double the dough.
11) Bake the loaves for 30 minutes until golden brown. To check pat the loaf to sound hollow. Cool it on rack.
12) Serve the country egg bread as a snack.
Calories 1451 Calories from Fat 267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.2%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 220.4 mg73.5%
Sodium 1963.8 mg81.8%
Total Carbohydrates 247 g82.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.4%
Sugars 43.7 g
Protein 49 g98.4%
Vitamin A 30.8% Vitamin C 10.6%
Calcium 60% Iron 120.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet