Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Firmly packed dark brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Mashed ripe banana||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a bowl cream butter.
3. Gently add sugar and beat until fluffy.
4. Break eggs and add one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
6. Stir into the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Begin and end with flour mixture.
7. Blend well after each addition.
8. Add banana and pecans.
9. Grease and flour 9- x 5- x 3-inch loaf pans.
10. Spoon the mixture into it.
11. Bake in oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
12. Cool in pans for 5 minutes.
13. Remove to wire rack and cool completely.
14. Serve sliced.