Eggnog Nut Bread
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Land O Lakes Brand)|
|Brandy extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brandy extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Candied cherries||6 (To Garnish, If Desired)|
1) Heat oven to 350°.
2) Grease the bottom of a 8x4-inch loaf pan and set aside.
3) In a bowl, add together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg and set aside.
4) In another bowl combine sugar, butter, eggs and brandy extract.
5) Beat at medium speed till creamy.
6) By hand, gradually add the flour mixture, alternating with milk, till well mixed.
7) Stir in the walnuts.
8) Add into a prepared pan.
9) Place in the oven for 50 to 60 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
10) Allow to stand for 5 minutes, then remove from the pan.
11) Cool completely.
12) In small bowl, stir together all the glaze ingredients till smooth.
13) Drizzle the glaze over cooled bread and garnish with candied cherries.