Chicken and Onions with Bread Dressing
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sliced onion/7 ounce whole onions||6 Ounce (Ready-Cut About 1 1/4 Cups)|
|Skinless and boneless chicken breasts/Thighs||12 Ounce|
|Chopped garlic in oil||1 Teaspoon (Or Minced)|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Crusty bread slices||1 (Use Thick Ones)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||6 Tablespoon (1/2 Cup, Less 2 Tablespoons)|
|Fresh parsley sprigs||6 (For Garnish)|
1. In a skillet heat oil, add the onion and chicken and cook over medium heat until chicken is browned all over.
2. In a food processor put garlic, oregano, basil and bread slice and make coarse crumbs.
3. Now add the crumbs to the chicken lower the heat and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the pepper, vinegar and water; put on the lid and cook a few more minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Serve immediately garnished with parsley with soft rolls.
Calories 428 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.5%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98.7 mg32.9%
Sodium 188.3 mg7.8%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 42 g84.1%
Vitamin A 14.9% Vitamin C 26.7%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 24%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet