7 Grain Cereal Bread
|Baking yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water/Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|7 grain cereal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flax seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Brewers yeast||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil/Sesame oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
1) The oven is preheated to 400 degrees C.
2) The bread pan is greased and kept aside.
3) Yeast, honey and water are mixed with the help of a food processor and allowed to stay for about 15 minutes, till it starts to bubble.
4) All the other ingredients are added to this yeast mixture and kneaded in the processor.
5) When the dough has reached the right consistency (the dough should leave the sides of the work bowl). Water or flour are added, if needed, depending on the consistency.
6) The dough is placed in a bowl and coated with 1 tablespoon of oil.
7) It is covered with a plastic wrap and allowed to rise and double. This will take about 50 minutes.
8) The dough is punched and shaped.
9) It is placed in the greased bread pan and baked for about 40 minutes, till slightly browned.
10) The baked bread is cooled on the rack, for about 10 minutes.
11) It is sliced when slightly warm and served.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2574 Calories from Fat 677
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g124.4%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1029.7 mg42.9%
Total Carbohydrates 407 g135.6%
Dietary Fiber 76.4 g305.7%
Sugars 14.5 g
Protein 90 g180.1%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 0.45%
Calcium 22.5% Iron 169.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet