Carrot Raisin Tea Bread
|Safflower oil/Canola oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Honey/Fruit juice concentrate||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated carrot||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees C.
2) Grease two 5x9 loaf pans and keep aside.
3) Mix oil, honey and eggs in a bowl.
4) Add vanilla and grated carrot to the eggs mixture and mixed well.
5) Mix the dry ingredients and add it to the egg mixture and stir the. Fold the ingredients and do not over mix.
6) Fold raisins into this batter.
7) Spoon the dough into the greased pans and bake for about an hour, till golden brown.
8) When done, take the bread out and cool on the rack and serve after slicing.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3699 Calories from Fat 886
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g160%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g64.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 634.4 mg211.5%
Sodium 2499.4 mg104.1%
Total Carbohydrates 655 g218.3%
Dietary Fiber 47.2 g188.9%
Sugars 368.9 g
Protein 84 g167.6%
Vitamin A 17.4% Vitamin C 10%
Calcium 95.9% Iron 144.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet