|Milk||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Corn bread mix/Corn muffin mix||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2) Use a shallow 2 1/2-quart casserole to grease evenly. Place aside.
3) In a saucepan, pour in 2 1/2 cups milk.
4) Place over heat to scald the milk.
5) In a bowl, combine Corn Bread or Corn Muffin Mix with remaining 1 cup milk.
6) Slowly add this mixture to the scalded milk in the saucepan.
7) Reduce heat to medium and continue stirring the milk until it has a thick consistency.
8) Remove the saucepan from heat.
9) One by one, stir in the yolks.
10) Separately beat 6 egg whites to form stiff peaks, without being dry.
11) Fold the beaten egg whites into the mixture.
12) Pour the mixture into the casserole.
13) Place the casserole inside oven to bake for about 50 minutes, until crust is golden.
14) Slice the bread and serve with a choice of spreads.