Classic Bread Of The Dead
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange zest||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, add 1 1/2 cup flour, salt, 1/4 cup sugar, anise, and dry yeast.
3. Mix them well.
4. Medium heat the saucepan.
5. Add water, milk, and butter to the pan.
6. Heat until butter melts.
7. Add butter mixture to the bowl.
8. Use your fingers to work in butter.
9. Add eggs, continue mixing.
10. Add remaining flour to the bowl.
11. Mix them well.
12. Knead dough for 10 minutes on a floured surface.
13. Put the dough in a bowl.
14. Add 1 tbsp oil to dough.
16. Let dough rise for 90 minutes at a warm place.
17. Punch out air.
18. Shape into skull, scored eyes, nose, teeth.
19. Place the dough on a baking sheet.
20. Place the sheet in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
Prepare quick glaze
21. Medium heat the saucepan.
22. Add remaining sugar, orange zest, and juice of orange to the pan.
23. Boil for 2 minutes.
24. Brush on glaze over the baked skull.