Whole Wheat Bread
|Dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Packages)|
|Warm water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (110 Degree To 115 Degree)|
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Softened margarine||1 Tablespoon (As Needed)|
1) Preheat oven to 435 degrees.
2) In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and mix buttermilk, white flour, 1 cup of the whole wheat flour, the 1/4 cup margarine, sugar, baking powder, and salt into it.
2) Beat the mixture using an electric mixer at low speed or 30 seconds and then at medium speed for 2 minutes.
3) Add remaining flour and make the dough soft and sticky. Knead the dough until smooth and elastic.
4) Roll the dough into a 9x 18-inch rectangle. Then, roll from each short side and seal ends and fold under loaf.
5) Take a sprayed 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan and put the loaf with seam-side down. Apply a coat of margarine.
6) Cover and let it rise until doubled. It should come 2 inches above the pan.
7) Bake it for 30-35 minutes until deep golden brown. Let it cool on rack.
8) Serve the bread with meat dishes or in sandwiches.
Calories 697 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1206.7 mg50.3%
Total Carbohydrates 119 g39.8%
Dietary Fiber 13.9 g55.6%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 22 g44.9%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 22.9% Iron 38%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet