Banana Jam Bread
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mashed ripe banana||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Strawberry jam||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Grease and flour two 8 1/2- x 4 1/2- x 3-inch loaf pans
2. Preheat the oven to 350°
3. In a large bowl, mix the shortening till it is soft and then gradually add sugar to make a soft fluffy mix.
4. Beat the eggs into the mixture one at a time till you have a smooth mixture
5. Then slowly add the banana and lemon juice into the creamed mixture to form a smooth paste.
6. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix into the creamed mixture till it just holds together.
7. Add the jam and the pecans and mix well and pour into the prepared loaf pans
8. Bake for 50 minutes or till the center of the loaf is cooked through. Cool for 10 minutes, remove from pans and set on wire racks to cool
9. Serve warm or at room temperature