Rye Batter Bread
|Dry yeast||1⁄4 (1 Package)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (110 Degree To 115 Degree)|
|Light molasses||2 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Rye flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Caraway seed||1 Tablespoon|
|Softened margarine||1 Tablespoon (As Needed)|
1) Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
2) In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
3) Fold in molasses, 1 1/4 cups of the flour, 1/2 cup of the rye flour, salt, caraway seed, and 2 tablespoons margarine in it and beat the mixture at low speed with an electric mixer. Keep scrapping the bowl.
4) After 2 minutes beat at medium speed. Mix in remaining flours and beat until smooth.
5) Cover the dough and allow rising in a warm place until doubled for about 30 minutes. Punch it down.
6) Take a sprayed 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan and put the dough into it. Smoothen the top.
7) Cover the dough and let it rise until 1 inch above the top.
8) Bake it for 45-50 minutes until loaf sounds hollow when patted. Apply a coat of softened margarine and let it cool on rack.
9) Enjoy the rye batter bread as a sandwich or toast.