Eggnog Nut Bread
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), melted (Land O Lakes)|
|Brandy extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Powdered sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brandy extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Candied cherries||4 (For Garnish)|
1) Heat the oven to 350°.
2) Grease the base of the 8x4-inch loaf pan and keep aside.
3) In a bowl add flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg and mix well. Keep aside.
4) In another bowl add sugar, butter, eggs and brandy extract and mix well.
5) Beat at medium speed, till the mix is creamy.
6) Gradually add in the flour mixture alternating with milk.
7) Stir in the walnuts and transfer into the greased pan.
8) Place in oven for 50 to 60 minutes till an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
9) Allow to rest for 5 minutes, then remove from pan. Cool.
10) In a bowl stir all the glaze ingredients till a smooth sauce.
11) Drizzle over the cooled bread.
12) Garnish with candied cherries.