New York Style Sausage Stuffed Bread
|Frozen bread dough||2 Pound (2 loaves of 1 pound)|
|Italian sausage||2 Pound (New York Style Hot, Mild, Garlic Basil, Turkey or Bratwurst)|
|Frozen spinach||1 Ounce, thawed, squeezed dry (1 box)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, shredded|
|Monterey jack cheese||4 Ounce, shredded|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1) Preheat the oven to 325F.
2) Let the frozen dough thaw completely.
3) Take the sausage out of its casing. In a frying pan, add in the sausage and brown well. Drain on paper towels and allow to cool down.
4) In a large bowl, mix together the sausage, spinach, monterey jack and parmesan cheese along with parsley and a beaten egg. Mix well.
5) On a floured surface, roll out the dough into a rectangle of about 1/2 inch thickness. Spread the sausage mixture evenly over the dough to about 1/2 inch of the edge. Roll it up tightly and fold the ends.
6) In a bowl, beat the egg white with 1 tablespoon of water. Brush it along the dough.
7) Transfer the dough onto a greased baking sheet.
8) Bake for 45 minutes or till the dough becomes golden brown.
9) Garnish the New York Style Sausage Stuffed Bread with grated cheese and chopped parsley. Serve hot.