Relish Sandwich Spread
|Cider vinegar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Peppers||18 , coarsely ground (Green and red)|
|Green tomatoes||6 , coarsely ground|
|Onions||6 , coarsely ground|
|Cucumbers||6 , peeled, coarsely ground|
|Dry mustard||3 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) In a large saucepan, heat 2 cups vinegar, brown sugar and salt together.
2) Stir the ground vegetables and simmer for 15 minutes.
3) In a bowl, blend the flour, mustard and 1 cup vinegar together.
4) Stir into the vegetables and simmer for 15 minutes.
5) Remove from the heat and immediately blend in butter.
6) Ladle the 10 pints relish into hot sterilized jars and seal immediately.
7) Use the Relish Sandwich Spread as required.