Whole Wheat Bread
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), scalded|
|Granular yeast/Compressed yeast||30 Gram (2 packages)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour/Sifted flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), stir the flour before measuring|
1. Preheat oven to moderately hot, 375°F, 190°c, gas mark 5.
2. Grease two 9x5x3 inches bread tins.
3. Add the molasses, salt and shortening to milk and allow it cool for 10 minutes.
4. Soften the yeast in warm water.
5. Mix yeast with milk mixture; add whole wheat flour, mix thoroughly and add enough flour to make stiff dough.
6. Turn onto floured board and let it rest 10 minutes.
7. Knead until smooth and elastic.
8. Place in well greased bowl, turn once to bring greased side up.
9. Cover and keep in a warm place to rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
10. Turn out on lightly floured board.
11. Divide into 2 equal parts and shape into loaves.
12. Place it in the greased tin, cover and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
13. Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes.
14. Turn out onto cooling racks and let it rest for 20 minutes.
15. Use it as and when required instead of regular white bread.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2199 Calories from Fat 563
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.4%
Saturated Fat 18.9 g94.5%
Trans Fat 5.9 g
Cholesterol 33.9 mg11.3%
Sodium 6010.8 mg250.5%
Total Carbohydrates 369 g123.1%
Dietary Fiber 50 g200%
Sugars 66.2 g
Protein 67 g133.7%
Vitamin A 7.6% Vitamin C 0.05%
Calcium 69.8% Iron 112.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet