Orange Date Bread
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sieved|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dates||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Melted fat/Oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. Grease an 8 inch x 4 inch baking pan with butter and keep aside.
3. In a bowl, combine dates with water. Keep aside till water is absorbed.
4. Once soaked, add juice, rind, fat, egg and nuts. Mix well and keep aside.
5. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Sieve together. Add sugar and mix well.
6. Add orange date mixture and mix well.
7. Spread on to greased pan and bake in pre heated oven for 60 minutes or till done.
8. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
11. Place on a serving tray and serve warm.