|Rolled oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (Granular / Compressed, 2 Packages)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), scalded|
|Sifted flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to moderately hot, 375°F, 190°c, gas mark 5.
2. Grease two 9x5x3 inches bread tins.
3. In a large bowl mix oats, molasses, salt and shortening, pour boiling water over it and leave it for 10 minutes.
4. Soften yeast in warm water.
5. Cool the milk to lukewarm; add yeast and milk to oats mixture.
6. To this add 1 1/2 cups flour and mix thoroughly.
7. Add flour to make stiff dough.
8. Turn the dough out onto floured board and let it rest for 10 minutes.
9. Knead until smooth and elastic.
10. Place in well greased bowl and turn once to bring greased side up.
11. Cover and keep it in warm place to rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
12. Turn it out on lightly floured board and divide into 2 equal parts.
13. Shape both the parts into loaves.
14. Place in the greased tins, cover, and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
15. Bake in moderate oven (375°) about 50 minutes.
16. Turn out onto cooling racks and let it rest for 20 minutes.
17. Use as required instead of usual white bread.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4166 Calories from Fat 578
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g101.9%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.6%
Trans Fat 3.9 g
Cholesterol 28.2 mg9.4%
Sodium 4060.3 mg169.2%
Total Carbohydrates 766 g255.4%
Dietary Fiber 47.4 g189.6%
Sugars 84.7 g
Protein 116 g231.9%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 77.3% Iron 259.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet