|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 Large, lightly beaten|
|Chopped nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cranberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), coarsely chopped (Fresh / Frozen)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Grease a 9X5X3-inch loaf pan.
3) In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4) Drop in bits of butter. Mix to get a crumbly mixture.
5) In a bowl, mix the orange juice with the orange rind and egg. Pour the wet into the dry ingredients. Mix well.
6) Carefully fold in the chopped nuts and cranberries.
7) Pour the batter into a 9X5X3-inch loaf pan. Smoothen out the batter so that it is higher along the edges than the centre.
8) Bake the bread for about 60 minutes till it turns a golden brown.
9) Let the bread cool down in its mould for about 10 minutes.
10) Unmould the Cranberry bread, slice and serve with butter on the side.