Glazed Cranberry Lemon Bread
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||2 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
1. Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
2. In a bowl, using a hand blender, cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well.
3. Break in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Mix in lemon rind.
5. In a wide bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
6. Add the flour mixture in to creamed mixture, alternating with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix well after each addition.
7. Mix in cranberries and walnuts.
8. Transfer the batter into a greased and floured 9-x 5- x 3-inch loaf pan.
9. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
10.Cool in pan 10 minutes.
11. Take away from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
12. In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar and lemon juice. Sprinkle over bread.
13. Make slices and serve with tea.
Calories 676 Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.7%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g48.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 140.2 mg46.7%
Sodium 347 mg14.5%
Total Carbohydrates 101 g33.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.7%
Sugars 48.6 g
Protein 14 g27.3%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C 13.4%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 22.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet