Round Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (At 105 To 115 F)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole-wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) In a large bowl, soak the yeast in water.
2) Stir in sugar, oil and wheat flour, until smooth.
3) Put the lid on and leave it in warm place for 30 minutes.
4) Add in all-purpose flour and salt, and stir until well mixed.
5) Dust some flour on the working table.
6) Place the dough on the working table and knead lightly for 3 minutes or until smooth.
7) Put the dough in a bread tin, to just fit under the lid of the covered slow cooker.
8) Put the bread tin in the slow cooker.
9) Put the lid on and cook over heat for 2 hours or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center of the bread, comes out clean.
10) While cooking do not open the lid.
11) Remove the bread tin from the cooker and allow to cool for 20 minutes in the mold.
12) Turn the mold upside down to remove the bread.
13) Place the bread on a wire rack and leave it to cool completely.
14) Slice the bread and serve warm.
Calories 281 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.2%
Saturated Fat 0.81 g4.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 327.8 mg13.7%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.2%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 8 g16.3%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 16.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet