Apricot Nut Bread
|Dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Lightly coat a 7-cup bread mold with butter
2) In a bowl, place water and soak the apricots in it.
3) In another bowl beat together egg, oil, sugar, orange juice, and salt, until light and fluffy.
4) Add the apricot along with the water and walnut to the egg mixture.
5) In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and soda.
6) Whisk the flour mixture into the egg mixture, until well blended.
7) Stream the egg mixture in the bread mold.
8) Lightly cover the mold with foil.
9) Place in a slow cooker on high heat.
10) Cook for 2 to 3 hours or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center of the bread, comes out clean.
11) While cooking do not open the lid.
12) Remove the bread tin from the cooker and allow to cool for 30 minutes in the mold.
13) Turn the mold upside down to remove the bread.
14) Place the bread on a wire rack and leave it to cool completely.
15) Slice the bread and serve warm.
Calories 500 Calories from Fat 165
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.6%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.6 mg13.5%
Sodium 511 mg21.3%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 41.4 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 17.8%
Calcium 22% Iron 17.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet